- Good Shepherd Wins Morgan Stanley Award to Expand Program Delivering Nutritious Meals to Children
$25,000 Grant Will Fund School Pantry Program
AUBURN, Maine-May 21, 2013- Good Shepherd Food Bank today announced a $25,000 grant from Morgan Stanley to fund its School Pantry Program, a child hunger initiative that helps to make sure that low-income families have a readily accessible source of healthy ...
- [Portland Press Herald] Grace Chef Peter Sueltenfuss is 'Chopped Challenge' Champion
"The chef with home-kitchen advantage took home the prize - very appropriately, a meat cleaver - in Good Shepherd Food Bank's first-ever 'Chopped Challenge' at Grace last night. In front of a sold-out crowd Peter Sueltenfuss beat Jeff Landry of The Farmer's Table, Mitch Gerow of East Ender and Jason ...
- Hannaford Supermarkets Delivers $40,500 in Food and Cash Donations to Good Shepherd Food Bank
Donation will be presented at the Food Bank's Auburn warehouse on March 5
Auburn, ME - Hannaford Supermarkets is once again making a difference in the fight against hunger in Maine with a large donation of food and money on March 5. The donation comes as a result of the ...
- Food Bank Selects Dead River Company as Honoree for 2013 JoAnn Pike Humanitarian Award
Good Shepherd Food Bank Selects Dead River Company as Honoree for 2013 JoAnn Pike Humanitarian Award
Celebratory Gala will be Held at the Food Bank in Auburn on April 4
Auburn, ME - Dead River Company will be honored with the JoAnn Pike Humanitarian Award at a gala dinner at Good ...
- Ocean State Job Lot Makes Record Food Donation
A convoy of 10 tractor trailer trucks loaded with 400,000 lbs. of nutritious, shelf-stable food (the equivalent of 333,330 meals) departed the Ocean State Job Lot warehouse on January 15, 2012 to deliver to 10 Food Banks in Rhode Island, Massachusetts, Connecticut, New Hampshire, Vermont, Maine and New ...
- Food Bank Expands Kids Cafe Program to New Sites in Oxford, Lewiston
Food Bank partners with community organizations to provide healthy snacks and meals for children at risk of hunger
Auburn, ME - Thanks to support from Shaw's Supermarkets, Good Shepherd Food Bank has expanded its successful Kids Café program to two additional sites to provide children at risk of hunger with ...
- Portland High School Key Club Partners with Good Shepherd Food Bank to Launch 'School Pantry' Program
Community-minded teens get creative to make sure peers have nutritious food during weekends and vacations
Good Shepherd Food Bank hosted Portland High School's Key Club on Wednesday, December 5, to support the students' efforts to provide food for classmates who are experiencing food insecurity. The students took part in ...
- Good Shepherd Food Bank Seeks to Raise $200,000 through Virtual Holiday Food Drive
Hannaford kicks off fundraiser with $50,000 gift
Auburn, ME - Record numbers of Mainers are struggling to access enough food - a situation that will only become more dire as we enter the holiday season and long winter ahead. In an effort to provide nutritious food for the 15 percent of ...
- GOOD SHEPHERD FOOD BANK NAMES PRESIDENT
Kristen Miale brings business background and passion for fighting hunger
AUBURN, ME - Kristen Miale of Kennebunk has been named the new president of Good Shepherd Food Bank, the largest hunger relief organization in Maine. Good Shepherd Food Bank, headquartered in Auburn, works with more than 600 partner agencies across the ...
- USDA Report Shows That Food Insecurity Remains High; More Than 50 Million Americans Face Hunger
In Maine, nearly 200,000 people are at risk of going hungry
Auburn, ME (Sept. 13, 2012) - The United States Department of Agriculture (USDA) reported on September 5 that 14.7 percent of Maine households are considered food insecure, meaning they lack access to sufficient amounts of food. Overall, that ...
- Bangor Savings Bank Joins Good Shepherd Food Bank for “Give a Dollar, Feed a Family”
Donations will be collected at all 56 branch locations from September 10 - 14
Portland - September 6, 2012: Bangor Savings Bank is taking a leadership role in the fight against hunger in Maine with the upcoming "Give a Dollar, Feed a Family" campaign.
During the week of September 10 - 14, Bangor ...
- Food Bank Launches Senior Food Mobile Program With Support From Kennebunk Savings Bank Foundation
Seniors Receive Nutritious Food Staples, Cooking Demos & Recipes, and Information on Community Resources at Senior Food Mobiles in York County
Sanford, ME - On Wednesday, August 29, Good Shepherd Food Bank launched a new program to reach seniors in need of food assistance. The Food Bank will be hosting 12 Senior ...
- Food Bank’s Farm-to-Pantry Effort Brings Fresh, Local Foods to Mainers Facing Hunger
Auburn, ME - Mainers Feeding Mainers, Good Shepherd Food Bank's farm partnership program, has provided more than 1.5 million pounds of locally-sourced products for Mainers struggling with hunger since its launch in 2010.
Now, in the 2012 season, 10 local farms are participating in the program's farm-to-pantry model ...
- Shaw’s Celebrates Grand Re-Opening of Maine Stores with Trailer Donation
Company commemorates Auburn & Lewiston store re-openings by presenting trailer to Good Shepherd Food Bank
WEST BRIDGEWATER, Mass., - Shaw's Supermarkets today celebrated the grand re-opening of its stores in Auburn and Lewiston, Maine. The company commemorated the occasion by donating a trailer to the Good Shepherd Food Bank as part ...
- New Report: Children at risk of hunger in every county in Maine
A new study released by Feeding America shows that children continue to struggle with hunger in every county in the nation with nearly one in four children in Maine at risk of going hungry.
The study, "Map the Meal Gap: Child Food Insecurity 2012" gives a one-of-kind look at the ...
- Maine Gold & Silver Gives More Than $12,000 to Help Fight Hunger in Maine
Maine Gold & Silver, a local coin and jewelry store, has raised $12,325 for Good Shepherd Food Bank and its network of hunger relief partners through the company's Feed the Hungry Fund. The money raised by Maine Gold & Silver will allow the Food Bank to provide 49,000 meals ...
- Good Shepherd Food Bank Partners With Bangor Area Agencies to Launch Summer Food Service Program
Food Bank to bring free meals to Bangor youth throughout summer
Bangor, ME - Good Shepherd Food Bank is launching three Summer Lunch sites where Bangor children can receive free nutritious meals this summer, when the school lunches they depend on through the school year are unavailable. Through partnerships with the ...
- "Meal Gap" Study Paints a Detailed Portrait of Food Insecurity in Maine
Study shows more than 34 million meals missing from Maine tables in 2010
Auburn, ME --- Approximately 200,000 people - or fifteen percent of the population - in Maine are food insecure, meaning that they don't always know where they will find their next meal, according to new research by Feeding ...
- Good Shepherd Food Bank Honors Mike Dubyak, Chairman & CEO of Wright Express
JoAnn Pike Humanitarian Award Given at Gala Dinner in Portland
Portland, ME - Good Shepherd Food Bank bestowed Mike Dubyak, Chairman & CEO of Wright Express, with the 2012 JoAnn Pike Humanitarian Award at a gala dinner in Portland on Tuesday night.
Over 240 supporters of Good Shepherd Food Bank gathered at ...
- Jim Dowe Signs on as Interim President & CEO at Good Shepherd Food Bank
Former MPBN and Bangor Savings Bank CEO will lead the search for a permanent executive
Auburn, ME - Jim Dowe, who served most recently as President and CEO of Maine Public Broadcasting Network and is a former president of Bangor Savings Bank, will serve as Interim President and CEO of Good ...